Male – 48 years old – Parkinson’s – $14/hr
Sunday 9AM -3PM
125 pound male lives with his mother. He was diagnosed with early Parkinson’s 3 years ago. The family is looking for a caring, kind caregiver who will be there on time and know how to work with someone with Parkinson’s disease. Must have experience with gait belt transfers.
Transfers are always necessary as he cannot move himself from bed to wheel chair, toilet etc without assistance. Client is able to stand for periods of time with support (from railing on deck, etc) but must have caregiver with him close by at all times when standing for exercise. He also needs assistance in eating as needed (lunch for the shift as listed). He feeds himself but sometimes tremors get in the way and he requires assistance
- Assist with Eating
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience providing care giving services
- Experience working with individuals who require use of a wheel chair (not independently ambulatory
- Experience using a ‘gait belt’ to transfer individuals from wheel chair to toilet, sliding shower chair, to an from bed, etc.
- Must be strong enough and properly trained to lift a client requiring transfer. (Greg weights 125 lbs, but person must be able to properly transfer up to 200 lbs.)
- Must be committed to showing up on time and providing required care
- Must enjoy working with clients, have a kind, caring and up-beat personality
- Will be expected to know how to provide personal care such as dressing/undressing, showering, shaving, toileting, assisting as needed with eating
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in the shift. If you meet the family’s pre-set qualifications we will forward your profile and they will contact you for an interview.
|Sundays||9:00 am - 3:00 pm|